Matt Collins, known by his online alias Mattophobia, is the current PR Manager for NerdCubed LTD. He was born in Ireland but moved to the UK at a young age. Collins currently resides in Liverpool.
Matt is known for being the PR- and community-manager (or Internet Butler, as he refers to it) at NerdCubed, and as such, he helps maintain the NerdCubed servers as well as the subreddit. He is also known to host his own Twitch streams, either on the Mattophobia or NerdCubed Twitch Channel. Collins has also written and published a book about his everyday thought-process known as "Inside the Mind of Mattophobia" which details the life and emotions of Matt while working at NerdCubed.
Prior to being hired, Collins ran the /r/NerdCubed subreddit, and was involved in the original NerdCubed fanservers . This is how he was found by Nerd³. He first met Dan at EGX 2012.
- He wrote a book called "Inside the Mind of Mattophobia," which can be bought from Amazon. It somehow sold over 100 copies.
- His catchphrase is "Fuck."
- In the 2.5 Million Subscriber Special (The Henderson Challenge) on Nerd3's channel, he said 281 swear-words during the one video alone.
- Starting with livestream technical issues, Matt has been haunted by the phrase/hashtag #MattFuckedUp which is now used whenever NerdCubed has problems.
- In a Kerbal Space Program livestream on the 16th October 2015 wherein Matt's attempt to launch a space station was
ruinedimproved by the intervention of Dan, the chat was flooded by spam and eventually Matt broke down and flew his failed space station into the planet.
- Matt is known to be a fan of the popular game series 'Assassin's Creed' and has many videos of them on his Twitter page.
- He has over 1,000,000 Vine loops, which he said on Twitter terrifies him.
- Matt could never properly learn French at school due to a wasp-nest. Dan hypothesized that maybe the wasps taught him French.
- On the 29th of March 2017, Matt confirmed he was dating Youtuber/Streamer MsCarsonelle